I’ve been wanting to write this for a while , because in the past two years, I must have heard the worst comments about grief. They may not matter on regular days but when you’re vulnerable these are the worst sentences you could ever hear.
- Stay Strong.
- Don’t Cry.
- Nobody cares: (This is the worst one I’ve ever heard.)
- You’ll feel better once you go back to work.
- It could be worse.
- You shouldn’t be this sad the deceased was old.
- Younger people are dying everyday.
- There are bigger problems in the world.
- Aren’t you over it yet?
- Get over it.
- It’s not good to mention the deceased so often.
- You weren’t even this close.
- You have been acting weird.
- Cry out all your tears during the funeral, and you’ll get over it.
- If you cry his soul will suffer.
This is all I can think of now. What’s the worst sentence you’ve heard during a loss?