The lyrical challenge 🎢 # DAY 2

For day 2, I chose this song by the wonderful Sia β™₯β™₯

“Joy I Call Life”

When you fight so hard but nothing seems to turn out right
When it breaks your heart and life seems like the longest fight
When all you see is trees but you can’t see the forest
Oh baby turn to me, I’ll show you where the light is
You can count on me, I’ll stitch you into my heart
You know I carry you so deep in my heart

Oh my, oh my love’s in the air
The fire, the flame, I’m there
Yes, my love’s here on earth
The ocean, death and birth
Yes, my love’s in the sky
The pain you feel tonight
Through this joy I call life

So when you feel alone, like nobody will help you
Just think of me in all my heart I have kept you
You can count on me, I’ll stitch you into my heart
You know I carry you so deep in my heart

Oh my, oh my love’s in the air
The fire, the flame, I’m there
Yes, my love’s here on earth
The ocean, death and birth
Yes, my love’s in the sky
The pain you feel tonight
Through this joy I call life

Through tsunamis, earthquakes or a broken spirit
When you scream with your voice, you know I will hear it
When you scream with no voice, you know I will hear it
You know I will come running when I feel the earth move

Through a flood, toil and blood, through the tides of terror
Feel my love, feel my love, let it breathe forever
You know I will come running when I feel the earth move

Oh my, oh my love’s in the air
The fire, the flame, I’m there
Yes, my love’s here on earth
The ocean, death and birth
Yes, my love’s in the sky
The pain you feel tonight
Through this joy I call life

1. Jaya Singh says:

Wow the lyrics are so good.

1. I know!! I adore this song β™₯

2. Sia writes the best songsπŸ’–

1. Jaya Singh says:

Definitely πŸ™ƒ

I am still so appreciative that you shared this song with me. This has become one of my favorites!

Liked by 2 people

1. I didn’t find it anywhere on youtube to share on the blog. They must have released it by mistake. So glad you loved it. I adore it so had to share with a Sia fanπŸ’–

Well, if it was a mistake, I’m glad it happened! πŸ˜„πŸ’–

2. Me too😍😍😍 black and blue is pretty awesome too.

Omg!!! Yes it is! That was the song you shared with me on my Warrior post! The voice crackles… (sigh) 😌😍

4. 😍😍😍😍yesssssss

LOL!!! πŸ˜†

6. Wait look down I replied to you somewhere else as usual🀣🀣🀣

Hahahaha!!! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ It happens ALL THE TIME with us! LOL!

8. On a positive note at least it’s not on a stranger’s blog🀣🀣🀣🀣

LOL!!! I can imagine the look on their face if that did happen! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

10. AdventureπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

hahahaha!!! Oh yeah! Definitely! 🀣🀣

12. Especially that the phone app refuses to delete commentsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜±

I’m over here laughing so hard!!! It sucks when comments don’t go away on the app!

I’m watching the youtube video of Sia!!! Her voice!!! 😍

14. There aren’t enough words to describe her voice.πŸ’–

No there are not! 😍

I had to share this with you! Hopefully you can see the video on your comments. I LOVE this song from Sia and it’s from this movie called Lion (which I LOVE). It’s called Never Give Up.

17. I’ve heard itπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Yay!!! πŸ˜„

19. I had a bird that used to simg with Sia..”The greatest” he said the uh oh’s right on time with herπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. AND he loved her song “to be human” I still can’t listen to these two songs….He passed away last year.

That is amazing!!! πŸ˜‚I can visualize that – his head bobbing while he says uh oh’s! Awesome!
        I’m so sorry to read he passed away though. ☹️

21. He stuck his head in the food container so it was like his microphone…search for him on FB. “Twix The Parakeet” I’ve put a video of him singing with Sia πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

22. I also used to ask him. “What does Sia sing?”
        He’d reply “Uh oh” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚my brother tried so hard to change his favorite song but he kept asking for “Uh oh” 🀣🀣🀣

Omg!!!! That’s hilarious!! 🀣🀣🀣 And his name is just so cute! Twix!

24. He called himself Twixy boo …Once I was carrying his cage while he was still covered and he was supposed to be asleep. I hit my foot on a coffee table and he screamed “Uh Oh” we died laughing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

hahahahaha!!! I just spit out my coffee while reading this!!! LOL! In honor of Twixy boo, that was definitely an uh oh moment! Lol! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

26. The reason I never left the house in the afternoons for 2years LOL

LOL!! That is too funny!

3. I watched her live 2 years agoπŸ˜πŸ’–
    Her voice is so beautiful live…more crackles😍😍

Omg! Lucky you! I bet her voice live gives you chills! 😍

1. Yes it did!! But they packed the dang stadium until we couldn’t breathe. She messed up the lyrics in titaniumπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚and literally said “I f***d it up” it’s on youtube somewhere…search Sia messes lyrics in ByblosπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Now that’s funny!!! That reminds me of when I was performing in my high school talent show. I was playing the piano (I was performing Alicia Keys’ Fallin’ ) I messed up a part and literally said on the microphone “Well, I messed that up!” LOL!

I must look that video up of Sia!! Sounds hilarious! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

2. hahahahah at least you didn’t swear! LOL

Oh that is so true!! That would’ve gotten me popularity with the audience, but trouble with the teachers! Hahahaha!

4. πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

5. Brandy says:

I’ve never heard this song before. The lyrics are beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us.

1. It’s an un-released song which was posted on youtube for a short while…I don’t know why she hasn’t released it….Gorgeous lyrics and performance!

1. Brandy says:

Artists are their worst critics. Maybe she didn’t like it, or maybe she felt it “wasn’t good enough”.

2. Sia always gives out the best songs to other artists which is fine until I hear the demo with her voice. Simply gorgeous and raw! If you can youtube the song, I think it’s somewhere but the audio is weak for copyright issues.