Freedom of Expression Tag

This is in response to the ‘Freedom of Expression Tag’. I was nominated by a talented writer please check out her blog, https://nameeraeverafter.wordpress.com/

Thank you Nameera for the nomination, I hope I gave the subject some justice.

Break the Cycle.

Your nasty glare goes right through me as if I were nothing. I hear whispers behind me in class which I can’t make sense of , and I lift my textbook up pretending not to care. The teacher’s words blur as I draw in a deep breath and keep thinking, ‘I am strong enough!’ However, there are certain things nobody knows that I had to struggle to get out of bed this morning. I had to forcefully look at myself in the mirror while your hurtful words repeated in my head. The words you thought were hilarious . The words the whole school practically laughed at for hours while they pointed and stared at me. Sometimes I’m strong enough to realize they’re just words and I go on with my days while other times they make me wish I could disappear.

I walk out of first-period class barely holding myself together. My knees go weak as I wish I was invisible again. I’m scared of humiliation, scared to be left out. My head is starting to wonder again if your hate is justified. ‘Is there really anything wrong with me?’ I’m heading to the nurse’s office with my eyes aiming down, ashamed of my classmates’ stare. I could just pretend to be sick for the rest of the day and simply disappear. I raise my eyes off the floor for one second and in the corner I find a pile of raincoats that everybody is pointing at. As I approach the scene I notice there is a girl there, few years younger than me. Her eyes darting back and forth from the floor to the people passing beside her. The terror in her eyes is so familiar that it pokes my chest. I hear laughter and all my fears subside as the sentence, ‘It doesn’t matter,’ floats through my mind.

Haven’t they done enough already? With the sarcasm and the rumors.’ I can tell the girl is about to lose it so I stretch my arm out to her, “It’s okay, you can get up now.” It’s unbelievable how my words float towards her with power and strength. She grabs onto my hand and smiles at me as if I just saved her life. She quickly pushes the raincoats off her and stands up, “Thank you.” She says quietly, while everyone scatter to their classes as if nothing had happened.

————————–

Thank you for reading. The subject was about “Bullies” thankfully I survived my school years with barely any bullying. This topic makes me emotional because few years ago I taught at a school and I know how these actions effected my students. Believe me at times it’s much worse than what I’ve described. I also taught a girl at home who was being bullied at school, her tears broke my heart. I believe we can break this viscious cycle by small acts of kindness. I also wrote one of my characters in my novel to be a witness to bullying, so now the words came out easily.

My nominees:

Manessah

Reina

Jokerswild

The topic that I’ve selected for my nominees is “Friendship” It is completely up to you if you want to write about it positively or negatively. I am looking forward to your posts ♥

RULES:

1.Thank the Selector and do not forget to tag/create a “ping-back!”
2. Attach the tag photo.
3.Post about that topic (in whichever way you want – it could be a photo or a quote or a poem or an article) for the dedicated “Topic of the Day.” No rush!
4. Select 3 bloggers to take part in “FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION” Tag! Let’s spread some positivism around.

screenshot_2018-07-13-19-39-51-11756230614

1. That was a great response to this tag! 🙂

1. Thank you…glad you liked it😊

2. Reina says:

This is so heartfelt and thank you for the nomination ❤️

3. Jaya Singh says:

Nicely written. 👍👍

Omg… this post hit home for me. I was bullied so bad coming up and reading this made me go back to that place. These words are so powerful and a reminder that a helping hand and an understanding soul can make the difference in someone’s life. Beautiful words! 💖

And thank you for tagging me!! I hope I can do this justice! 😃

1. So sorry you were bullied before. I thought of you while I chose the topic because we were discussing friendships before. 😁
      This had to be the fastest story I’ve ever written because I believe we can break the cycle by being kind instead of turning mean and being hurtful to others. I’m glad you could resonate and I’m looking forward to read your post😍😍😍

Thank you, Z! 😍Well I say the joke is on the bullies because all they did was make me stronger. It all worked out in the end. 😊

That is so cool you picked friendship as the topic! When I saw it, I smiled because we were literally talking about that a few days back, so I definitely can’t wait to write about that! I think it’s awesome how you wrote about bullying and we should definitely try to break that chain of hate and cruelty with kindness and love.

2. 💖💖💖Looking forward to see what you write😊love that we have alot in common.

Aww!! Thanks, Z! I’m so glad we connect so well! I’m starting to wonder if you’re my long lost sister… 🤔Lol! 💖💖💖

4. Ya think??😂
        I mean I never send someone songs right away but one of your posts reminded me of ‘Sia’😂😂 and I thought you just had to hear this!!!!! And then you told me that story about your friend😶😶 okay who are u?? 😁

Hahahaha!!! 🤣SISTER!!! 😃
        I know right?! You love Sia – I love Sia. You had a toxic best friend – I had one (which we both kicked to the curb lol) So much in common! 😁