I’ve sat with my grief.

I’ve sat with my grief, watched it morph into denial, anger and then anxiety.

I’ve sat with my grief watched the days and dreams fly past me.

I’ve sat with my grief and sensed all of my shattered pieces beneath me.

I’ve sat with my grief and I could swear I’ve never felt lonelier.

I’ve spoken with my grief and watched all my fears float away.

I’ve looked at grief with a soft, tender heart and I’ve learned about a new kind of beauty that can be felt and mentioned.

I have sat with my grief and it has shown me that it can be a companion I shouldn’t be afraid of it.

1. Jaya Singh says:

Beautifully expressed.

1. Thank you dear🦂🦂🦂🦂

2. Keep shining with your drawings…I love them😁😊

1. Jaya Singh says:

When you sit and look at something, you learn about it. Wonderfully put lovely, finding strength in something that’s designed to weaken.🌹

1. Thank you for commenting so positively as usual😁. I really appreciate it, you always understand the message deeply. That gives me strength to keep writing without judging myself.🌻🌻

It’s my pleasure and I love reading your post, such positive messages behind them. We are our harshest critics but you display strength in character to overcome that and that’s what makes you a jury and not a judge.🌹🌹

2. Thank you 😀 I’ll keep that in mind ❤

I know you will, you do every time you write a post. I can tell by how positive it is.❤️❤️

3. poetryfromtheinkwell says:

This is so beautiful. Such a beautiful way to approach grief, though we have to go through those stages, don’t we?

1. Yes, we do have to go all the stages…That’s why it’s crucial to understand grief and sit with it without rushing into healing. Also without comparing ourselves to others. Let every stage run it’s course so there would come a day when you accept them all.

1. poetryfromtheinkwell says:

So wise… grief may run the gauntlet of stages but each individual processes it differently at each stage. We can never compare ourselves to others.

2. Yes, I’ve been at peace ever since I took a step back and stopped comparing myself to others.

3. poetryfromtheinkwell says:

That’s awesome. Here’s to not worrying how we stand up against those around us!

4. 👏👏👏Amen!🤞🙏

5. I’m against not going through something fully especially emotionally. I really believe the only way out is through…

6. poetryfromtheinkwell says:

Absolutely. We cannot reach death without first living, no matter how long it takes us to get there.

This is just beautiful, Z. A beautiful reminder that we can take the darkest times of our life and see the beauty in it. ❤️❤️

1. ♥♥♥♥Thanks twinny!

You are most welcome, twinny! 💜💜💜☺️