What if…

I think it’s kind of sad that we spend most of our lives hiding behind this shiny and stunning mask which reflects the perfect life. You lie to yourself that everything is okay and everyone wonders what happens when you break down all of a sudden.

You keep this mask on for the longest time to hide all the ragged, painful emotions that nobody talks about.Β  When you begin to suffocate you build more walls to keep them from coming out. But all you’re doing is giving them more time to circle around your heart. You’re giving them more time to grow inwards instead of out.

What if you surrender to it all? Imagine how liberating it would be if your words bounced out without a filter. What if taking off these masks and breaking down these walls is simply the beginning of a healing path?

Imagine what happens when you surrender to the fact that life is full of unexpected challenges and sometimes, “it’s okay not to be okay”.

Β©Zeina A.G

I absolutely love this thought, sis! So true that many of us wear these masks of perfection out of fear that our imperfections will be judged and that others will never understand or accept us for who we really are. It’s not until we dare to bear it all to the world without shame or fear that we start feeling true freedom. You painted that message out perfectly and this post so resonates in my heart. Beautifully written, Twinny!! πŸ˜ŠπŸ™ŒπŸ’–

1. Twinny!!! I’m glad it resonates in your heart. β™₯β™₯ I was just venting all this anxiety out…You’re so brave and you inspire me daily.β™₯β™₯

You and I know anxiety well! lol πŸ˜„

Aww! If I’m brave, then you’re brave too! We’re twins, after all. lol ☺️
        You’re such an inspiration, Z! Never stop sharing your gift with us. So many people could benefit from your words. πŸ’–πŸ’–

2. HarleyQ2 says:

Good post, I know I wear a mask quite often as well. It had become a protective habit.

1. Yes, I do that a lot too…mostly out of fear πŸ˜€

3. Yes! I agree with your thoughts! We all fall into this where we succumb to how society wants us to be and we don’t want to show our less than perfect self, especially in professional settings. It’s hard and people are not always accepting to see past that mask, but for the good and benefit of ourselves, I agree with you that we should know when that wall needs to stop building within us, we sometimes need to realize that we need to break the wall down, maybe bit by bit will help πŸ™‚ Love your thoughts and great writing for sure πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing!

1. I love how you described that I had to read your comment a few times…I agree with every single word you wrote… πŸ˜€ I’ve been feeling a lot of pressure lately and I was just venting. I forced myself out of a writing block for this and I’m happy to see that it resonates with a lot of people!
      Thanks for reading and commenting. It really means a lot to me πŸ˜€

1. Aww thanks so much, I’m so glad we share the same thoughts on this πŸ™‚ It’s so great to hear your emotions through your writing, it really brings out the humanity of every person and I was really able to connect with it πŸ™‚ I hope everything will go well for you and wish you the best! Thanks for sharing this with us 😊🌸

2. I agree writing brings out the humanity in each person. πŸ˜€ It makes me happy that you were able to connect with it πŸ˜€

3. Totally agree! πŸ™‚

4. Sakshi says:

Oh it’s perfect …..
    Sometimes it is ok …not to be ok ………
    If we accept this …. it’ll remove a lot of weight from our shoulders

1. Yes, it’s true. It happened to me few days ago and even though I’m still not okay I feel a lot of pressure has been lifted off my shoulders.

1. Sakshi says:

Wonderful ….I enjoyed reading your post

2. ☻ Thank you β™₯β™₯

3. Sakshi says:

My pleasure

5. Jaya Singh says:

Such an insightful post. Lovely read.

1. Thank you scorpio friendπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’•Happy you liked it!

6. So well written. True, if only we have that strength to surrender then our lives would be so liberating but many at times , we failed to keep up with the surrendering πŸ˜‚

1. I agree, but after you’ve gone through a lot, it just happens and it’s totally okay to surrender. πŸ˜€

1. Yes surely in surrendering only, we find the answers… this is a good lesson.

2. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

2. Thank you for commenting!

7. Pleasure is mine engaging in productive talks 😁

1. I just saw that you reblogged an older post of mine..Thank you so much😁 I don’t know why WordPress didn’t notify me😢😢😢

8. Venus says:

For sure : “it’s okay To no be okay”. Healing begins with acceptation of that state too. Beauty is in pain, in anger, in sadness too. In fact in all our deep humanity. In shadows and light.

1. You described it so well β™₯ Love it!

If people did that, that would be called not living a lie. At least it would be them being themselves but that’s hard for some because some people’s reflection don’t even recognize them. A big question is What if, that would be a great question, a greater thing would be is if they had an answer. Wonderful eye opening post.

1. πŸ˜€ Yes, so true!! Thanks for always going a little deeper. Your comments inspire me πŸ˜€

No thanks needed lovely, I love reading your post, they too are inspiring.πŸ˜‰

🌹🌹