Meet my Birds♥(Updated)

Hi everyone,

I’d like to introduce you to my birds. They are my little monkeys,  and a complete joy to have around. They also do the weirdest things that make me laugh. Our afternoon routine is coming out of the cage for an hour each. I’ve taught the budgies to come out of the cage and they are all trained to return to their cage when I say, “Go Home”.  There are times when they pretend they didn’t hear me, but mainly they are well behaved.

(Scroll down for post update)

Their names left to right: “Olive,Joey,Ben,Casper,Minty and Zoey”

22195752_10159357832630153_1457418587333643103_n

I also have one canary, his name is Frosty. He isn’t tame but his voice is stunning.♥

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.18.22

Here are a few shots of them being crazy♥

Ben flying♥

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.07.46 (1)

Zoey posing for the camera.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.07.20 (8)

Casper being silly because I scolded her for trying to nibble  the paint off the wall. And that’s Olive in the background. She knows how to get away with it.♥

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.07.20 (7)

Casper is a champion in posing for photos. She even loves to watch youtube.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.58.45WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 12.00.54 (7)

Ben on the left and Casper on the right.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.58.45 (1)

I was checking on them late at night and found Minty and Ben sleeping there…lol.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.09.06
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.23.07They rarely get along so I let them out of the cage by pairs. Sometimes they behave for the camera. Left to right: Ben, Olive, Casper, Zoey, Joey, Minty”

Zoey flying.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.23.07 (1)

Joey and Zoey when they were babies ♥♥

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.07.20 (1)

Post update: I added two budgies to the flock. They are adjusting wonderfully and even demand time out of the cage.

So everyone meet Cheeky & SiaCHEEKY AND SIA.jpg

Sia

20181024_192251

Cheeky.
20181024_093834.jpg20181022_161433.jpg

My precious Twixy he passed away a year ago. He was quite unique. He used to talk, sing and dance along with any “Sia” song.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 11.07.20 (3)

20160622_091910.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 12.00.54 (6)

He was my writing partner♥
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 12.00.54 (5)WhatsApp Image 2018-10-17 at 12.00.54 (4)

Hope you enjoyed this post. If any of you have crazy pets please share their stories in the comments below.♥

1. Wooow! They are too cute. I love the colors. They look so amazing.

1. They say thanks😁😁

I just love your birds! They have so much personality! 😍

1. Yes they do♥♥ They’ve taken over my life and heart ♥

💙💙💙 Just don’t let them take your finger! 😁

2. I sent them to you xoxox♥ Goodluck…Watch your eyes!!

LOL!!! Omg! You are horrible! ❤️😄xoxoxo

If you say so… 😈

Adorable with a capitol A!! Birds have so much character and are so cute especially if they are trained. So intelligent and yours are so vibrant and colorful in many ways, just like their owner. That’s amazing. Do you continue to work with them? Pet birds are something else, thank you for an amazing post lovely.🌹🌹

1. I lost interest for a little while after Twix passed away. He was always on my shoulder or walking behind me on the floor. He knew the difference between colors. And thought he was a human that he even pushed my water bottle to my yoga mat.😍😍He used to chase my pen when I was writing…😂
      He was something else!! He used to say “Bey bey bey babyyy bird…Uh Oh mostly with Sia’s song…Habibi(that’s “darling” in arabic) I love you…
      When I asked him “What does the chicken say?” He would bob his head and say; “Baq baq baq” 😂
      He used to steal my papers and try to fly with them or run with them…
      Once his cage was covered and I hit my leg on a coffee table…I hear an “Uh oh” coming from his cage so loud and clear🤣🤣🤣 He knew how to use it lol

Everyone told me to get another one when Twix passed away and I refused because I had 6 others. Now that I know how intelligent they are…They are more than enough.

The budgies live in pairs different cages because they don’t get along. Once I rushed Minty to the vet because Casper attacked her cere. But the strange thing is they can’t be apart either😶😶 so they can still see each other through cage bars without fighting.
      Ben dances a little when I sing to him and he is the tamest of them all.
      Zoey stands on my glasses and preens my hair/ eyebrows.
      Joey is starting to talk even though he is the least tame of them all.
      Casper loves headscratches from time to time and she loves to watch “Shake it off”
      She really knows how to throw huge items on the floor😂 and so does Minty. It runs in the family I guess.
      Best quality about them is that they think they’re falcons 🤣🤣or dinosaurs…Sometimes they are on the curtain and I could swear they’re aiming at me ..LOL

The newest member the canary now signals me to get him a treat when I open the fridge😶😶

Not all of them stand on my hand and I’m okay with that but they understand when I want them back in their cages. That took a lot of training until they got the hang of it. I also learned to ignore bad behavior and reward the good. That’s the best way to work with them.
      They love to see colors and are intrigued by new toy beads. They learn a lot from eachother and incredibly fast!!
      They can also screech their heads off when they see me holding a treat😂😂
      I’m lucky to have them all in my life😊🤗😍 Even my angel birdies💖

That’s just amazing, they seem so humanized and so used to your behavior and habits. That must have taken some work, that’s impressive. They all have their own styles and characteristics, and they’re all a part of you because they’ve been with you for so long.😍😊. They are lucky to have a person like you also.❤️🌹

2. I got 2 new birdies and updated the post with their photos if you’d like to see them😊🌻

Oh really!! Two new birds, I’ll have to check it out😊. You’ll have to break them in and have them meet their new friends.😁

4. They are eager to meet my flock but my birds think they are ghosts :p LOL

I bet😉. Birds have this air about them that they feel they are the only ones in the room at the time😁

6. hahahaha
        My birds are like “HELP GHOSTS!”

Hahaha! Birds are so humanized.😉. Just like their owners.

4. Alice Pilkey says:

Your birds all look so beautifully healthy and happy. You must work really hard to take care of them. I know how much work they are! You’re amazing.

1. Thank you♥ Do you have pets? Birdies?
      They are a part of my family so caring for them comes natural to me now 😀 Most of them hatched at my house and each one is unique.
      I got 2 new budgies and one of them is coming out of the cage already♥♥

5. Alice Pilkey says:

Oh wow, you’ve raised them from babies! I’ve never seen a bird life cycle. We have three birds in our family—two African Grays and a Red-belly—but they live with my parents. Good for the birds since they get loads of attention from people who are retired & home all day—but bad for me, since I miss them.

1. I agree with you ♥ I’ve never dared to get a bigger species because they require loads of attention like you said. Mine are okay if I’m busy for a day or two they also have each other. I still talk to them and pass by their cages a lot. But parrots are like toddlers and it’s a bigger responsibility.
      At least you get to see them from time to time 😀

1. Alice Pilkey says:

I do indeed! Also, since these birds live such long lives, I know I’ll eventually be responsible for them.

Thanks for sharing your bird family with us (And also, thanks for sharing your memories of Twix.)

2. Yes they do live long. ♥
        Gosh Twixy was really something! I brought him to work one time and he came out of the cage. As long as I was with him he would circle the room and come back to me. I don’t clip their wings…It was really incredible, how he adjusted anywhere.
        He was a parrot in a budgie form, he also used to sulk if we were busy so that’s where my no parrot decision came from. He used to throw air popped popcorn on the floor and then go pick it up…Or he used to snatch my pen and run away with it. If we got groceries he needed to dive in to investigate. Once I was moving his cage both my hands were occupied and he was on my shoulder, he started to preen my neck…LOL
        The new bird reminds me of Twix a lot…I got him a female so he won’t be lonely ♥ I have two more birdies now: Cheeky & Sia.

3. Alice Pilkey says:

He really does sound like a parrot! He was bonded with you, wasn’t he. You were his special someone. ❤️

4. He was bonded with all the family! He knew that mum turned his favorite music on so he would land on her phone and bob his head. If she didn’t turn the music on he would bite her ahahhahaha
        My dad fell in love with him even though he doesn’t like birds. Twix used to walk into the middle of the room to say “Goodmorning” to dad and then come back to me. He never tried to fly around him or land on him…weird huh?
        I think they’re all capable of this, but Twix saw us as his flock. They do shocking things sometimes… I should update this post and introduce the new birds 😀

5. Alice Pilkey says:

Absolutely! (And that’s so cute what he did with your dad. I can see it so clearly. Birds really are people.)

6. I just added the newbies’ photos if you want to see them ♥

7. Alice Pilkey says:

They’re both pretty 😊

2. Btw, funny fact about the bird cycle they start screeching their heads off at you at 10 days… if you make a noise near their cage hahahaha Especially at night!

6. Alice Pilkey says:

Ah yes, screeching 😆

1. They needed to guard the cage hahahahaha

7. Sakshi says:

Oh my they are beautiful

1. Thank you dear😊I love them so much😍

1. Sakshi says:

They are adorable….❤️

2. They chirp “Thank you”

3. Sakshi says: