May Memories…

I’m terrified of acknowledging how much time has passed,
Because there’s been a lot of life that hasn’t been lived,
Moments that have been ignored.

It terrifies me to think that so much has happened in a short amount of time,
Maybe it would’ve made more sense if it had happened in the course of a decade.

Maybe it would’ve made more sense if the losses weren’t consecutive,
If we had a chance to breathe.

It terrifies me to recall the funerals and the black clothes.
The blank looks on everyone’s faces,
The confusion and uncertainty of what tomorrow may bring.

The fear of losing loved ones overnight,
And the fear of getting that one life changing phone call,
Was a recurring living nightmare that never seemed to end.

It terrifies me to recall the empty promises from all the people around me,
Promises of always being there and listening in my time of need.

It terrifies me to feel that I’m constantly losing.
Losing loved ones and losing my ground each time something changes.

However, the most important lesson that I’ll always carry with me wherever I go,
Is to appreciate the people around me,

Tell them I love them everyday,
And be grateful daily for the memories.

Keep happy memories in your heart and let the painful ones fuel you for the present. Keep in mind and cherish what is lost but set sight on what you have and thrive for that. That way you can “May”ke more memories you can smile at.

1. They’re fueling me to write and take chances. It’s humbling to feel all this. Knowing loss can hit any second also keeps my dreams closer to my heart.

I’ll definitely “May”ke more memories.😊 So grateful for finding you all on wordpress.🌹🌹🌹🌹

Positive talk from a positive person, that’s perfect to hear! Keeping your dreams alive keeps you more awake!
        We are grateful to have you on WP.🌹🌹

2. 🌹🌹I’m also grateful for all of you.🤗

😊🌹🌹

I always say when one door closes, another opens. I believe that because I’ve seen it. Sometimes we get so worried and caught up on the fear of losing something, we miss out on enjoying the ride. Make the best of the time we have with the people we love while we still have the time to do it. Tomorrow is not promised. You never know when something will end… but you never know when something great will BEGIN.

Love this, twinny. So glad you wrote about this.

3. Dear god…did I have to read this and cry?? Don’t you have to go be evil somewhere???… No??
    Fine!

We enjoyed the ride alright…My second uncle got a second chance to be with us from May until September. We needed to be strong for him and he was incredibly strong for us. He got tons of chances to be with us before he left and to make us laugh. I’ll never forget these moments.💖💖💖

I took a break from being evil to respond to this. 😛

Those memories are gifts. Some memories are painful, but some are pleasant, but they weave together and they create this beautiful quilt we call Life. We use quilts for comfort, right? Remembering your uncle’s memory whenever you feel down, whenever you feel alone, is like putting that quilt on your body and wrapping yourself in warmth. He’s always with you, Z. In your heart… in your memories. Always. The ride can be relived any moment you wish. Just close your eyes and he’s there. I like to think he’s proud of you, girl. I know I am. ☺️

1. I didn’t know evil takes breaks😱That’s so new to me.
        Thanks for making me cry again…you and that quilt😑 I’m so proud of you too and your evilness 🤪

Yes, apparently evil has breaks. Who knew? lol
        You’re welcome, sissy. Anytime. ☺️😘

3. I’ll tell you about the quilt on hangouts😑

4. I relate everything on this poem and these lines:

“It terrifies me to feel that I’m constantly losing.
    Losing loved ones and losing my ground each time something changes.”

2 years ago…I’ve lost two important people in my life. It changed me in a profound way…and I’m still thinking about them and always will be in my heart.

Thank you for you writing this….bless you my friend.

1. So sorry for your losses. We’re never the same after losing people.
      Thank you for reading and commenting.

1. Thank you. Yes, we’re never the same after and it really does hurt. Especially, experiencing panic attacks and a cloud of depression.

You are welcome. I look forward to reading more of your incredible work. 🙂