Golden Heart.

I own a golden heart that does not beat,
Inside is a picture that’s about to speak,
It’s tiny, but shines like the sun so bright,
Even through all the darkest nights.

This heart is fractured in so many places,
It affirms that the inside is what counts.

You can find “I Will Always Love you” written on it in fine print.

Those words defy the greatest obstacles,
I wear it often when I lack courage,

for it gives me unimaginable strength,
I hold it near whenever fear sets in.

The person who gave it to me is no longer among us.
But still I feel she left me with a tiny portal of hope and wisdom.
It’s an open window to her words when I need to hear them.
It’s the open window to our memories when sadness reigns.

This golden heart is my outside compass,
It leads me to places I dream of often,
It shows me what kind of love I seek,
One that will always be so deep.

It’s a beat-less old heart that I know,
And despite all this, it’s the most precious treasure I’ll ever hold.
Even if it’s cracked I will wear it proudly ,

For the love it holds is too strong to depart.

So beautiful, twinny… And… you wrote a poem! So proud of you! ❤︎
    I love lockets. I have one of my grandmother. It’s a golden oval and her picture is on one side and my picture is on the other. Our loved ones are never too far away.

1. Thanks brat! Another twinning moment I see with your necklace😱
      This necklace has, “I love you Zeina” written in my auntie’s handwriting.
      I put a photo of me and my auntie on the other side.
      The poem is old and I was inspired to edit it after I watched some of the new poetry course. Having a fever certainly helps too🤣

We are always twinning! Lol
        That’s so cool that you have a piece of your aunt with you always. And the fact that you have her handwriting on the necklace too is just amazing. So happy you decided to revisit your poem and share it, brat! Can you get fevers more often???? hahahaha! 😂

2. HAHHAHA 🤣🤣 im choking here😂😂😂

As long as you’re choking with a fever, I’m happy! hahaha!!! Just playing, brat! GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND REST! Don’t make me throw some soup at you! 😂🍲

4. 😑Not leaving😑 fever wants to post, dance and sing😆🤣

hahaha!! You think your fever could order me a pizza??? Wait, wait… better yet… pay for it? 😂

Dang it! *snaps fingers* I was this close to getting some grub!

7. I’ll make you a special pizza😋😇😇

See you had me, until you said “special”. Just how “special” is this pizza??? Are you trying to kill me?? 🤨🤭

9. Noo🤪🤪🤪🤪😇😇😇

10. The handwriting even survived an accidental shower😶Can you believe that??😶

It was meant to last forever. Like her love for you… it can’t be erased. ☺️

2. Very unique and lovely.
    Talented writer you are