Word Of The Year "2020"

My word for the year 2020 is:
COURAGE
Courage to pursue my dreams and passions.
Courage to keep writing despite losing writing contests.
Courage to stand up for myself and face my feelings.
Courage to deal with grief again while keeping an open heart.

What’s your word for the year 2020?

Looking forward to know in the comment section.

1. I’ve been thinking. I’m not sure yet, but I love courage.

1. Let me know what you decide😁

2. Sounds like you found a good word 🙂

1. Thank you 😀
      What’s your word for 2020?

1. I have to think about it, but I might need some courage as well 🙂

2. 🙌🙌 Great😁😁 Yess💪💪

Would love to know if you resonate with another word.

3. Brother of Courage “Hope”

1. That’s nice 😀 Thanks for sharing.

1. Yeah 😁 and go through my post and comment your 2019 in a word

4. HarleyQ2 says:

Reclaim- taking back the important things and pieces of my personality that I put aside in 2019

1. Love it! ♥ Hope you’ll be able to do that 😀

A beautiful post and a beautiful word to take into 2020 lovely. You had it in 2019 and to take more of it into the New Year is extraordinary. Like I said before, you are a wonderful writer that never lost a contest, just learned from them and the fact you’re not quitting displays your winning persona.
    My word for the New Year is “Yes”. A word that displays anything is possible and a positive word indeed. Facing 2020 with positivity and eliminating negative words and not taking no for an answer will help achieve steps to goals. Refuse to lose by keeping your head up and focusing on your dreams.🌹

1. You just made me cry and flipped my mood into positivity. How wonderful of you to keep reminding me of this throughout the whole year? I’m so grateful for this. Thank you🙌

“YES” 💖 is pretty AWESOME! I’m placing this comment in my “365 grateful” project😊
      Hope it’s always a “Yes” for all your projects and future plans. A “Yes” for you and your loved ones💖

So happy I can make your mood a positive one lovely for you do the same with your motivating post. And you need not thank me for telling you something you already know😉.❤️
        “YES” is an awesome word, I like how you put that and I appreciate you liking the word also. Your comment just made me smile big, so your words have a big affect too. Hope is a word that goes hand and hand with positivity because that’s what Hope is all about. So yes to Hope and Yes to having the Courage to face new challenges in the New Year.🌹

2. I do need to thank you because the rejections have really affected me. I just got one on Christmas day 😂 brutal…right? Lol I got one on my birthday last month. Now waiting for three more in 2020.
        I may take a short break from it but I’ll be back.

Love how you mixed them above, you should continue writing that into a poem💖😁
        Would love to read it from you.

“Hope” is a wonderful word it’s been my word for years but I need “Courage” so much and “Yes”.
        “YES” to positivity and being surrounded by the right people.
        “YES” to paying it forward.
        “YES” to coming out of my hiding spot.
        “YES” to inspiring others to share their feelings.
        “YES” to healing💖😊

Please no more challenges in the new year🤪 or you know what??
        Just no more deaths in the family.
        Hope 2020 is great for you. See what you brought out of me.😂

Rejections can be brutal but can also be refreshing! And don’t say you’re waiting for them lovely, be positive. And short breaks aren’t bad because they resurface new ideas.❤️🌹
        Hope is a cool word and you have mounds of courage. “Yes” to you and your “New”found spirit lovely that you’re taking into 2020!!
        Challenges are test and that’s what you want in life because that’s what makes you stronger. Persistence brings perseverance and that’s your success. Yes to life!!
        Hope your New Year is a joyous one!

4. You’re absolutely right🙏🙌
        Two of the contests closed yesterday Dec 31st. There will be a lot to join in 2020.
        I shouldn’t be scared to feel positive & excited about them🙏🙏
        My writing break finishes today and I’m excited to return to my projects.

Thanks for switching my mindset🤗🤗🤗 Persistence is a new word to carry with me too.

How was your new year’s eve?? Did you party?
        Hope 2020 is magical and joyous to you and your loved ones🌻🌻💖💖

Contest are journeys and journeys are worth taking because they always take you places whether you realize it or not.😊. You always learn and you always win.❤️.
        Never be afraid of positivity and you should always be excited about showcasing your skill because it’s worth sharing.💫. So yes, be excited lovely…be very excited in whatever you do because that attitude will affect your results.😊😁🤗
        My New Years was great and I hope yours was just as wonderful. The weather was cold but other than that, that made it all the better because ringing in the New Year was a warm feeling!🌹🌹❤️❤️

6. Thank you ♥ I’ll try to remember all this when it gets hard.

It’s cold here too, it’s been raining for a week! I can’t wait until there’s more snow in the mountains so I could take tons of photos.
        Actually the holidays were more peaceful than I thought they would be and I’m grateful for that.

❤️🌹💫. You’re very welcome!
        Rain huh, the water version of snow. It’s been snowing here and people drive the worse in the winter.😑. Sooooo slow.😄
        Peaceful holidays are always a great present, im glad you had a good New Years.🌹

8. Yes people do drive slowly in winter especially in the snow. Sorry you have to deal with it.😂 You can use that time in the car to make your own version of “Carpool Karaoke”
        Is the snow very thick? Or a thin layer?

😲I want snow! We live near the sea so it doesn’t snow here, but the mountains are like an hour away from us.

My friends keep scolding me because I ask for snow😂

Carpool Karaoke, that’s new but when driving solo it’s easy to guess the songs that’s coming up because I’m a cd guy😁.
        The snow is usually thick when it comes down hard and sticks to the ground with the lake effect. But sometimes it’s a thin layer that melts before it even touchdown and it’s usually slush but it’s been sticking.
        You must be a skier with the way you wish for snow🤔. I just hover and anticipate spring and summer. I’m in the mountain areas so I see them easily.
        Most people who ask for snow are either crazy or…….🤔, skiers and they’re crazy too.😂

10. Carpool Karaoke doesn’t have to be complicated…You can just sing your cd songs loudly.

I’m leaning more into crazy here😂😂I don’t Ski..I just love to be there and take photos. When I was a teacher I happily chased one of my students up a snowy hill, because she was having a tantrum and didn’t want to come down.

The story in my novel starts in October and then ends in the Spring.
        I’ve written tons of snow in there too.
        Frozen 2 is a new favorite movie of mine.🤣

Not sure if I would feel differently if I lived in the mountains and I was rushing to work everyday..lol

There is snow overdose in this comment🤣

I do tend to find myself singing along to my cd songs every so often😁
        So you’re just crazy😄, and crazy enough to admit it too…that’s awesome lovely!! Nothing wrong with a little brain freeze I say, and pics of snow covered things are beautiful this time of year especially when the sun hits them right. You chasing a kid up a snowy hill, another classic picture that would have made.😊
        If you like certain seasons and weather, you’ll find yourself putting them into your writing so that’s not a surprise. Frozen 2 huh😄, cute…I’m a Lion King guy but Disney all the same.
        And yes, you did have your dose of snows in your comments.😁

12. Yes disney movies are magic.
        Have you watched the new “Lion King”?

I agree, they are magical which is why I am an optimist that believes in magic.😉
        I haven’t seen the new Lion King yet, the real animals are throwing me off but I’m gonna have to break and test the critics. I read mixed reviews.

14. Same here😁
        If you watch it please let me know.😁

I surely will🌹😁

6. My Word Soup says:

My word of the year (first one ever) is: STRETCH. 🙂 Happy, blessed 2020 to you!

1. Would love to know what made you decide on the word STRETCH? 😀
      Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year to you too😊

7. -Eugenia says:

Courage is an excellent word for the year! My word is respect. Seems we need a lot of both these days. Happy New Year!