Healing Begins

Healing begins when you know it’s a long way ahead, so you decide to take it one step at a time. Sometimes even one breath at a time.

Healing begins when you believe some things aren’t meant to be.

Healing begins when you’re hopeful even if you’re walking in the dark.

Healing begins when there’s no shame of sharing your real feelings with people who honor the hardships you’ve been through.

Healing begins when you embrace sadness, and accept that it’s a huge part of life. When we let go of expectations and don’t judge the way we feel.

Healing begins when we listen to others and realize we’re all in this together. When we spread the lessons we’ve learnt from this journey.

Healing begins when you accept that you can’t be strong all the time. When you try to keep that smile on your face, because you know it’s your weapon through this long journey.

Healing begins when you have the courage to say, “I’m not okay…but I want to be.” When you follow the trail that your loved ones left behind until it becomes your path.

Healing begins when your heart memorizes the sentence, “It’s okay not to be okay.” And repeats it to you through your darkest hours.

1. so deep and so true…
    👌👌👌👌
    and the lines that said Healing begins when you have the courage to say, “I’m not okay…but I want to be.” .. I liked the most.

1. It’s about accepting that things aren’t perfect when our feelings are all over the place. A relative passed away last week and I was fine for the first 3 days. Then I snapped… So I admitted to myself few days ago that I’m sad and nothing will ever be the same anymore. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done but I’ve been feeling calmer to sink into my sadness…We may not be okay but the way out is always through. That’s the first tiny step towards healing.

So glad you can relate. Thanks for reading and commenting. 😀

That sounds like one who is healed lovely, acceptance is the tool of the strong and changing it is the mark of a healer. “The way things are aren’t always how they’re meant to be”, very true and that’s where changing the stars come in. Beautiful write🌹

1. Love the quote you shared. ♥ I agree that the way things are now doesn’t have to be permanent. Life changes a lot and our feelings change as we process them.
      I’m not completely healed, but taking these tiny first steps shifts your perspective a lot. Accepting that nothing will ever be the same again makes you feel more at peace with yourself.
      Thanks for reading and commenting. Hope you’re staying safe. ♥♥

You’re so right lovely, we keep moving to allow change to happen because that’s how progress produces results. Time heals and healing takes time and you’ll get there in due time but you’re stronger than you think.🌹. Keep smiling and keep healing.♥️

2. Thanks for this reminder♥ I needed it today. “Time heals and healing takes time.”

How’s the lock down?? Hope you’re staying safe♥

That it does lovely, all with time.🌹

Things are starting to open slowly but surely in an attempt to get some sense of normalcy. I’m keeping calm and staying safe, panic causes problems so I’m just cautiously calm.❤️

4. That’s good to know. Please be careful when everything opens up. Especially if people aren’t being vigilant. ♥♥

It’s been two weeks since we opened here slowly but people aren’t cautious anymore so we’re back to 36 new cases per day. We may be heading back to a lock down.

People are still practicing social distancing and wearing mask, slowly but surely.

Some people tend to get comfortable and careless and some don’t care because it hasn’t affected them yet. Hopefully minds will grasp the situation and people will learn to be considerate of others. Stay safe lovely and best wishes.🌹

6. Did the snow melt??
        ♥♥ You stay safe too!
        And most importantly keep writing! 😀

Yes, the snow is gone and the sun is out in force. It’s a touch of a cool breeze behind it also, how about you?
        Hope you’re staying safe, keeping calm and continuing to smile.♥️. And yes, keep that pen moving. Writing is healing.

8. Oh that’s nice!!! Hope you have a lot of space to enjoy nature.

Here Spring just came in full force. It’s warmer than before. We’re open today and taking photos of people outside. I finally got the hang of it with the lighting and colors…LOL
        We’re on total lock down again tomorrow until Sunday! I feel great about it because at least people will be careful again.

Hope this all ends soon! ♥ Stay safe!

It’s a big state and I’m surrounded by mountains so it’s spacey and nature filled.

Full force, that must be nice with photography and all.😊. You take nice photos, and it’s good things are opening up. Hopefully people learn to wisen up.
        Stay safe and positive.🌹

10. That’s great!!😍 I would take photos day and night if I was surrounded by nature!

Here we’re not allowed to go anywhere again. But it’s for the best, our numbers have gone down to under 10 new cases per day.
        Still waiting to see if we’re allowed to open tomorrow.
        And yess I hope people have learned to be cautious!

🤞I don’t know why I’ve been feeling it will all end soon.
        Take care of yourself! Stay safe & positive🌻🌻🌻🌻

3. Nameera says:

Healing begins with us. What a beautiful message shared in such a profound manner, I love this.

Liked by 2 people

1. So true…Thanks for reading ♥ When I’m writing I always worry about repeating myself…So it means a lot that you loved it!

4. Nathi says:

Profound words! And healing begins the moment we let go of all that’s holding us back.

Keep writing and inspiring!

1. So true!
      Thank you for reading and commenting. I sincerely appreciate it. 😀

1. Nathi says:

It’s my pleasure 🙂

5. Jay Bleu says:

Kind of like… healing begins when you choose for it to and take that first step. . .

1. Jay Bleu says:

So hows the photography? Posting any of them soon?

2. There are some beautiful ones…But I’m confused between posting them here or finding a way to sell them online. Maybe I should just share until I find a way to sell them.

3. Jay Bleu says:

oh ya…. true…. but if you share anyone can take them. . . if you sell them online there is a way to show them but prevent downloads. . .

4. I’ll find something to share here. Maybe when the weather is better I’ll take some images of my hometown.

5. Jay Bleu says:

oh yes. that will be nice.

6. So true, deep, meaningful, and you speak from your heart. Much respect my friend.

1. Your opinion means a lot to me! Thank you so much for your kindness 😀